Did you know?
Researchers feel that a positive maternal child bond helps to form the basis for future relationships.
Baby Massage: 8 Tips & Tricks
- Choose a time when your baby is awake and alert, not too hungry or too full.
- Ensure the room is warm and lighting not too bright.
- Have what you need ready: baby massage oil, towel, clean diapers and clothes.
- Wash your hands and remove jewelry.
- Find a comfortable place to massage so they can see your face clearly.
- Before starting, relax with a few full breaths — this can help your baby relax too.
- Babies are always changing. Some may feel more secure if they’re close to their parents.
- Use baby oil or lotion and glide comfortably over baby’s skin.
WARNING: Keep all products out of reach of children. Keep any baby oil out of children’s reach to avoid drinking and accidental inhalation, which can cause serious injury. Should breathing problems occur, consult a doctor immediately.