For over 125 years, we’ve been creating gentle formulas to address baby’s delicate and unique needs, but our products are also wonderful for kids and adults too. While we recommend a specific age/stage for certain products, any age can enjoy the benefits of our products.Back to top
A tear-free experience starts with our NO MORE TEARS® formula. It transforms bath time into playtime and lets parents know that our product is gentle and mild for baby and their sensitive skin and eyes.
The NO MORE TEARS® formulas has been rigorously and comprehensively evaluated for safety and mildness, including:
- Ingredient and formulation review
- Clinical assessment for ocular irritation
- Clinical review of all data
NO MORE TEARS® products are free of any numbing agents, and specially designed to control the size of the cleansing agents. When formulated correctly, the cleansers form a structure too large to penetrate skin or eyes. It’s a simple concept that requires the perfect combination of expertise and the best ingredients to get just right.Back to top
Without preservatives, the everyday products that we rely on would expire within weeks or days. We use preservatives in some of our products to ensure their freshness and shelf-life, and they also protect against potentially harmful bacteria, mold and fungus.
To ensure the use of a safe and sustainable preservative palette, we work with leading professionals from industry, government, academia and consumer groups.Back to top
Studies show that the power of fragrance is real – scent can strengthen a bond between parent and baby and assist in the development of baby’s senses. These studies also found that the use of products with fragrance helps reduce infant stress, crying and can enhance sleep as well as the engagement between a parent and baby.
Fragrances, like all other ingredients in our products, are evaluated through our five-step safety assurance process to ensure only high quality and gentle ingredients make it into our products.
JOHNSON’S® fragrances are stringently tested and are safe, following the strict standards of the International Fragrance Association (IFRA). Parents can get peace of mind and feel confident about the ingredients in our labels. Industry-certified experts assess our ingredients to ensure they meet our standards, and our scientific experts test our formulas to guarantee that they are safe for use. Only 25% of the typical toolbox of fragrance ingredients meet our safety standards and are suitable for our gentle baby products.Back to top
Generally, we recommend you replace products annually to ensure you’re always getting the best experience. For products that don’t have an expiration date (like cosmetics), a good rule of thumb to follow is that they’re stable for 3 years from the time of manufacture, as long as they’re stored at room temperature or as indicated on the product label.Back to top
JOHNSON’S® does not conduct animal testing on any of our cosmetic products, except in the very rare situation where government regulations or laws require us to do so. We’ll never compromise on the quality or safety of the products we provide you and baby.Back to top
All our formulas are carefully crafted to be as gentle to the environment as they are on baby’s development – we want baby to grow up and live in a greener world.
- We prioritize ingredients that do not harm aquatic life and ecosystems
- We’ve created a patented system that assists the way we formulate products so that they’re non-toxic, biodegradable and don’t bio-accumulate in the environment.
- Our move to more efficient processes should reduce water usage at our owned manufacturing sites by about 20%
We’re always pushing ourselves to meet and improve our environmental stewardship to achieve higher standards in being gentler on the environmentBack to top
90% of industry-led baby skin care research comes from us, so we’re always looking for opportunities to raise the bar, improve our products and beat the top safety standards in the world. Our commitment to parents and babies are at the foundation for everything we do.
Using our latest clinical research and our love of babies, we’ve collaborated with over 25,000 parents to help shape and refine our products. As a result, our packaging design for the NEW JOHNSON’S® incorporates feedback from parents that helped us create even gentler products to help parents grow their bond with baby during those first special moments. ‘Less is more’ is a phrase many parents shared with us, so we’ve challenged ourselves to evaluate our formulas to ensure every ingredient selected was purposeful – it’s not just about science, it’s also about what parents think and babies feel!Back to top
We have improved inside and out!
- Ingredient list has been reduced by 50%
- Incorporate more naturally-derived oils, like soybean, coconut, or cottonseed in conditioners and moisturizers
- Use more ingredients of natural origin without compromising on ingredients that make our products mild and gentle for baby
- Are free of parabens, phthalates, 1,4 dioxane and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives since 2015 from our ongoing reformulation process, and we’re happy to say, all of our washes, shampoos, lotions and creams are gentler without sulfates and dyes*
- Are free of known allergens, and we continue to push ourselves further to ensure all potential and emerging allergens stay out of our new formulas as the list of allergens is constantly evolving
- Graphics and design have been simplified for easier comprehension
- Uses clear iconography to detail and explain which products are best for baby at specific ages and stages
- Has updated and redesigned bottles that feature comfortable easy-to-grip products with one-handed pumps
- Has colour coded bottles for easy reference while shopping – an improved feature we added after we removed dyes* from our products
*excluding cologneBack to top